It’s time for the high school seniors, and those already in college, to begin thinking about scholarship applications. Ogallala First United Methodist Church offers 3 scholarships, due to the generosity of several former and current members:
- The Dowling Family Scholarship is given in loving memory by the Phil and Betty Dowling family. Mr. and Mrs. Dowling were long time Ogallala residents and faithful members of the Ogallala UMC, who believed in supporting area youth and their community.
- The Draucker Family Scholarship Fund was established by the Draucker family of Ogallala. The purpose of the Fund is to provide financial assistance for members of the Ogallala UMC who wish to further their education following graduation from high school.
- The Haggard-Samp Scholarship was started and dedicated to the memory of Marge Haggard from the Haggard family, and in honor and memory of Rod Samp, by Rod's family in 2003. Combining the assets provided a scholarship to be offered each year to an Ogallala UMC high school graduate.
To receive these scholarships, the applicant must be a member of the Ogallala UMC.
The recipient may be:
- A graduating high school senior
- A student already attending a post-secondary school
- Any adult (of any age) who is enrolled, or planning to enroll, as a student during the ensuing school year.
- A part-time or full-time student
Students who receive the scholarship in one year are eligible to apply in future years.
Any student may apply for all three scholarships by filling out just one form, but he/ she must apply to be considered.
Scholarship application forms are available in the Church Office and online. Completed applications, along with all attachments and recommendations, should be returned to the Church Office no later than Friday, April 1, 2022.
If you have questions about the scholarships, please contact the Church office at 308-284-8455.
We are truly blessed with funds that have been
given for scholarships and we are thankful to the persons that have given these